A Handy Guide to Linux Reseller Hosting
June 24, 2020
Starting a Reseller Hosting business isn’t a daunting task anymore. However, it is better to read and conduct ample research before you take the plunge. Reseller Hosting has been a booming industry in recent years as it provides a good option for people who are looking to earn extra income or set up a full-fledged primary business, without investing a lot into the infrastructure. It provides a hassle-free option for people who do not want to get into the technicalities of managing a server, and rather focus all their energy in the branding and marketing aspects of their business.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting involves renting the server space and hosting resources from the parent company, re-packaging them, rebranding them, and selling them for a profit. Simply put, a Reseller Hosting company purchases resources from a web hosting company in bulk and then partitions them to sell to their clients at a margin. This has long been a successful model for web developers who would resell hosting for their clients along with the website. However, in recent years many people are looking towards this model as their primary business. When you purchase Reseller Hosting, you have the choice between Windows and Linux as your base operating system. Linux Reseller Web Hosting is considered more user-friendly and is usually cheaper compared to the Windows version. Being open-source, you can pass on the cost-benefits to your customers, which may be an added advantage in the highly competitive market.
How to choose the best Reseller Hosting plan?
There are certain pointers which you should keep in mind before selecting the right Reseller Hosting plan.
- Uptime: The uptime report of the hosting provider is an important parameter that needs to be taken into consideration before buying the plan.
- Support: A good reseller plan should provide 24/7/365 days support as you should be able to solve your customers’ problem promptly.
- Minimum contract period: Sometimes, you may need to change your reseller plan, so it is better to ask them beforehand about the minimum contract period and the renewal process.
- Free Migration: Many plans come with a free migration option so you can migrate your own as well as your customer’s website to the reseller plan.
- Control panel: Opt for a plan that offers free control panels for seamless control over your hosting packages and effective control over your client’s hosting accounts.
- Billing software: Being a hosting reseller involves managing various aspects of the business like client signup, billing, support, etc. Choose a plan that offers automated billing panels like WHMCS.
Advantages of Linux Reseller Hosting plan
- Security: With a rise of cyberattack every year, security remains a major concern for website owners. The Linux Reseller Hosting plan is better equipped and offers some of the most reliable defence systems in the market. Also, Linux as on OS is ideal for customization on scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Ruby on Rails, CGI, etc.
- Cost-effective: Setting up a new Reseller Hosting business may be a daunting task, especially if you are on a tight budget. Unlike Windows, Linux is an open-source OS and thus requires lesser funds at your disposal for setting up a Reseller Hosting business.
- Stability: Linux is considered more stable for your server. Being open-source, it can adapt quickly to any kind of environment. It supports a wide variety of apps like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, which can be installed with a single click.
- Customization: The intuitive easy-to-use cPanel provides the ultimate x-factor in choosing your Reseller Hosting plan. The icon-based control panel allows you as well as your clients to manage their hosting accounts without any difficulty.
Linux Reseller Web Hosting is a lucrative business; however, there are a few things that one should keep in mind. Selecting the right reseller plan is the most important thing that can make or break your business. It is important not to go for the cheapest plan rather select from the ones that are already established in the market.